Family entertainment......

Does your family still go to the movies in the movie theatre or watch a movie at home? I haven't been able to go to a movie in a theatre in years, it's so expensive. What do you do?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• At home. It's just too expensive at a theater.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have a "cheapy" theater nearby that charges $4 a seat. We can take the whole family, so sometimes we do. Our kids are older now, so my husband and I get to go the movies a lot. He also gets discount tickets through work for the regular theater, so it's kind of nice. When the kids were younger there were many years that we didn't see a movie until it came out on Video or DVD!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• as you ask this question, my 18 yr old dd just walked out the door to go to the movies with her friends. AHH,,so hard to let go. Not used to her going out like this, this late at night. She is with good adult friends though, so there they go....this is my place, and she is actually out in her pj bottoms,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My Hubby falls asleep at almost all movies, and my son is 2, so the only way I ever go to the theater anymore is with my girl friends. I miss the movies!! We never watch them at home because DH falls asleep.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I get movie passes with points from my credit card. I usually get a couple passes for my birthday. Tuesdays are cheap at a couple of our theaters.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I once got free tickets from points from a credit card. We went to see Transformers which put me to sleep....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• we have movie night at home, i even rent from the red box, its cheaper. and the kids love it we have subs and treats, i agree its to much money to go to the theater, i have 7 kids plus the 2 of us, the dollar theater is to far away, I think that would get expensive also with treats
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We go to the theatre for movies we deem "big screen worthy", like Avatar; or if there is some particular draw that keeps us from waiting for it to come out on DVD or on cable.

We usually go to the cheaper matinée, then hit Sweet Tomatoes just before the dinner hour, so we pay lunch price, but the dinner stuff comes out shortly after we arrive. Makes for a fun family outing.

Otherwise, we wait for cable or see it on Netflix.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We do every now and then. My dd actually loves going! :) I do love to snuggle up and watch a movie at home, too... more potty breaks without missing anything! hehe
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• living room is awesome popcorn candy its fun... theatres are expensive but it is fun to do..for us parents and for of course the kids
    danielle_hanna

Answer by danielle_hanna at 11:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010