prilosec?

do you have your baby on prilosec for reflux?? does it work..

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 2:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never heard of prilosec for babies! Especially with the side effects that they are finding in adults. It can cause brittle bone disease after prolonged use, so I would NEVER use it for a baby! Babies spit up, that's a fact of life, you just deal with it, it doesn't hurt them, they don't get sick or die from it, they just spit up!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ive put off meds but the Dr said its probaley a good idea for the amount and discomfort of his spit up. She told me that it reduces the acid in his stomach which helps the discomfort,of course babies spit up but he is pretty bad. I just feel sooo bad for my lil'man :(
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• the dr put my baby on zantac it is great because my lo was having such bad reflux he was waking up in the middle of the night gagging it was so scary
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, I haven't heard of anything about zantac, I did use it before I went on prilosec. I am taking too much now, but if I don't take it I am miserable! Are you both nursing?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I am nursing
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010