Do you leave the lights on when you leave the house?

DF leaves a light on. I do not really get why. But whatever.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it's going to be dark when I come home, I leave a light on. When we leave over ight, we have a night light that changes color, so it looks like the TV is on. Other than that, no.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No I do not own the water and light department:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, always have. I feel safer if we do. We leave front porch lights on and a dim light on in the kitchen too. And we also have a motion light detector for the side of the house leading into the backyard. DH is a police officer and it is safer to leave some lights on. It helps to keep burglars out. When the lights are off on homes that is when homes are more likely to get broken into.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If it going to be dark when I get home then yes. I also agree with Congenial. In addition I was told by an officer to change things up as far as routines when possible so that if there is someone in the area casing houses than they will not know exactly when we come and go and go to bed for the night. It is safer that way.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If I'll be back after dark, I leave the porch lights on; otherwise I have trouble finding where to put the key.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It depends. If I know that we'll be gone until after dark, I will leave the small lamp on in the living room. Mostly for the dogs. I also leave the porch lights on so we're not fumbling around the the dark for our keys.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No we don't
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I do...I don't like coming home to a dark house.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I leave the light over the kitchen sink on, I just don't like coming home to a completely dark house.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I try not to, but dh doesn't really care, he just walks out the door...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010