How can I break this habit?

Usually I have been sleeping all day and staying up all night until like 11 or 12 noon then going to bed at like 1 or 2 and sleeping until like midnight. I am 39 weeks pregnant and have a scheduled c section on tuesday. I need to know how to break this habit before the baby comes because I know she wont have the same sleep pattern that I have been having.

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, no matter WHAT sleeping habits you have, one the baby is there they will be all fubar. i would not fight your body right now on when it wants to sleep and rest. that is going to cause you stress.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with BlackSheep. Your baby's schedule will be all over the place for the first few months, and you'll be getting sleep anywhere you can. Besides, most babies have their days and nights screwed up for awhile anyway, so you'll be ahead of the curve! Of course, yours will be the one that comes out with days and nights all figured out! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Im thinking, and I may be wrong here,,but if this has been your schedule then this has probably been babys as well. The way my kiddos kicked towards the end,,oh my goodness, there was no way I could sleep thru a kick like that to my ribs. Im with Blacksheep,,dont let it stress you out, if and when the schedule needs to be turned around, you will be ok. Good luck by the way and congrats on your new addition
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree, it wont matter once baby is born.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My schedule has always been that way and obviously since I am up now, it's safe to say I have not changed much over they yrs! My kids are still on this schedule too, but we home school, so school isn't a problem! It works for us.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• So this is normal for you.
    How do you want to change it? How much?
    I would give yourself several weeks minimum to adjust a sleeping schedule.
    But since you aren't going to be sleeping much at any particular time here soon, doesn't really matter!
    ;- /

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010