Is this swelling normal?

My hands and feet are swollen my hands are so swollen that I cant make a full fist and my feet are so swollen that it hurts to walk on them. Is this normal?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its water retention I believe. Try to relax, keep your legs elevated if you can, not sure what to do for the hands but I believe it is normal.
    Jezzeria

Answer by Jezzeria at 2:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i had i pretty bad too but not that bad. i would definatly talk to ur dr. i think thats a sign or pre eclampsia
    izzis_mommi

Answer by izzis_mommi at 3:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Swelling is normal during pregnancy. I eat less salt and drink more water. Prop your feet up if you can. If it doesn't get any better I would call your doctor on Monday.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Drink lots of water, put your feet up, and if the swelling is still there a few hours later, gets worse, or you get a bad headache/dizziness, CALL L&D. Some swelling is normal, and will go away eventually with rest and fluids. Lots of swelling that does not go away can indicate a problem like high blood pressure, and it's safer to go and get it checked :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2010