reps constantly slammed... do dems think this is ok?

Saw this clip in the news today.... this is extremely poor taste and just wrong.
This election has brought out the ugly side in alot of people on both sides.. and how can anyone think this is okay?

http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=81562@kcbs.dayport.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• the dems are constantly slmamed more os than the reps. just look at mccain ads there are the most hateful I've seen in a whiel. it starts with him and streams down from there.
    Anonymous

• I am voting for Obama but believe this in very bad taste. That being said reps are not innocent. The hate and division the Mcain campaign is starting is appalling. Our country has freedom of religion. Even though Obama is a Christian what if he wasn't? The last time a country decided they didn't like an entire religion it led to the holocaust...
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah, and what about the severed deer head at the front door of one of Obama's campaign offices? It's getting nasty on either side, worse than ever in my opinion. By the way, I'm neither rep or dem.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It is getting nasty on both sides, that was in poor taste
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think the person with the display is wrong, but the coverage wasn't particularly in bad taste if that is what you mean. I wish in general people would stop using nooses to make a point. I think it is in complete poor taste. A lot of terrible things have happened in the country and the noose is a symbol of that. I don't care who it is on...it is disgusting and should be condemned.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• This started getting attention 2 days ago, and officials at first were calling it just a "halloween display" But enough people have been blogging and protesting and asking what they would think if it was reversed and an effigy of Obama hanging that they are now reconsidering. The California officials had to concede that if it were Obama represented by a hanging manniquin it would be a hate crime, and that saying it wasn't in the case of a Palin manniquin was the most egregiously blatant reverse discrimination. I'm glad it's finally getting theattention it deserves.
    Anonymous

• pnwmom: It is getting nasty on both sides, that was in poor taste

Agreed. Things are just getting out of hand from both parties.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 5:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't mind at all. The republican don't talk about McCain because he is a little dull. People always talk about the most facinating, which is Obama. Don't matter if they want to admit it or not, they like talking about him, tells you something.
    Anonymous

• anonymous 5:20 what they would think if it was reversed and an effigy of Obama hanging.

you mean like these 2? LEXINGTON, Ky. – Authorities at the University of Kentucky are trying to find out who hung an effigy of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on campus. College spokesman Carl Nathe said it was found hanging from a tree Wednesday morning. Police immediately took it down. School President Lee Todd says that he plans to personally apologize to the Obama family on behalf of the university and that he is "personally offended and deeply embarrassed by this disgusting episode." It's the second time an effigy has been found on a college campus recently. Earlier this week, George Fox University in Oregon said it was punishing four students who confessed to hanging a likeness of Obama from a tree.

Anonymous

• Oh that's right. I had forgotten that it's McCain who has been called a terrorist, evil, and the anti-Christ. It's McCain who has been blamed for something his aquaintance did when he was 8 years old. It's McCain who is being blamed for the dishonest behavior of the employees of a legitimate organization who was ALSO a victim of that dishonest behavior, by the way. It's McCain who is being called incapable and clueless.

Glad we cleared that up.
    Anonymous