Best time....

to exercise?? Does the time of day make a difference in any way?? Just curious...

mom2maddie06

Asked by mom2maddie06 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• best time for me is when i make love with my luvly HB :)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I like to exercise around 10am. I feel like if I exercise to early I will get tired well before bed time. It's not good to exercise before bed because you won't burn as many calories. After you workout you should still keep moving, like clean afterwards to burn the most calories possible.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• As far as burning calories, a calorie burned is a calorie burned- there's no benefit to exercising before eating (in fact, it's best to eat SOMETHING first), or morning vs. evening, etc. Whenever you can do it, that's when it's best. If you know anything about BMRs and basic human physiology, you will learn that calories burned anytime will be the same. The only reason you might not burn as many before you go to bed is because you're tired and maybe won't push yourself as hard.
    For me, I try to get up before my DH and DS and go for a run, then come home and do a workout video, or I go to the gym. Plus, I have more energy in the mornings than any other time.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I prefer the morning but my gym only has afternoon daycare. I don't think the time of day makes a difference, maybe only in your energy and how you feel.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When I was doing this every week, I was playing on my Wii Fit Plus five times a week after getting home from work (around 11pm).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I feel more energized after I exercise.... but when I wake up, I just want to hurry to work and get that over with! lol
    I usually do Wii Fit about 8 at night, then other exercise after... Just wondered if "Studies" have shown any differences in the time of day. Thanks for your input!
    mom2maddie06

Comment by mom2maddie06 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• mornings around 10 am because thats about the time its easiest to say im ready and just go with it
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I do best in the morning. It's done before I'm awake enough to put it off, and I start the day with something to feel good about. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• people say morning is better because it boost your metabolism.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011