Should I worry about getting pregnant?

I got "the shot" for birth control about 7 weeks postpartum. I was "due" for my appointment on Tuesday 10/19/2010 but due to a mishap with the pharmacy, my prescription wasn't refilled and I missed my appointment. SO & I DTD on 10/21/2010 without any protection and now I am freaking out about getting pregnant again so soon. DD was born 6/10/2010.

Before we got pregnant with DD, we were 4 years without ANY type of BC. I was put on the pill because of what they thought was a fibroid, the hormones in the pill supposedly were going to either shrink or grow the fibroid and I was to check back in 3 months. After my first pack of pills I missed my period and got a positive HPT. DD was born 6/10/2010.

I've never been on "the shot" before, so I'm not sure how quickly it gets out of the "system" so I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not with it being just 2 days after I was due for my 2nd shot.

HLSmom610

Asked by HLSmom610 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You never know what can happen when you do ake that chance do i think you are preggo well NO but anything can happen why don't you get your ass to the pharmacy and get the PLAN B pill and protect yourself that way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• agree with Rae.. you need to get the emergency contraceptive ( plan b) etc to make sure your protected.. remember it will make you nauseaus because of the hormones, but better safe then sorry.. goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i agree too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It could happen. If I were you, I would wait until I found out for sure if I was prego or not before getting another shot. My cousin was pregnant and didn't know it and got the shot. It caused her to miscarry. Not trying to scare you. Just giving you the facts.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I GOT THE SHOT ONCE AND IT CAUSED ME SO MANY COMPLICATIONS AND IT STAYED IN MY SYSTEM 3 MONTHS LONGER THAN IT WAS EXPECTED TOO, BUT YOU SHOULD B PROTECTED BECAUSE THE DOCTOR USUALLY SETS UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE NEXT SHOT A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE IT''S OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You never know it could happen
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• you should take a pregnancy test if your still worried
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 24, 2010