after the baby arrives...?

when i was pregnant, my mother told me over and over that once the baby got here, no one would care about me anymore. they would only care about the baby. was she right?

izzis_mommi

Asked by izzis_mommi at 3:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• will that offend you ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i dont mind that every1 cares about the baby but she was saying i wouldnt matter at all like i was worthless and would be forgotten. i could be sick as hell and no one would care and things like that.
    izzis_mommi

Comment by izzis_mommi (original poster) at 4:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Nice mom you have! Wow! Well, I know my in-laws make sure my son is here before they come over, and he definitely takes precedence over us with most of our family, but if something were going on with one of us, they'd care!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your mother said that to you? No, it's not true. Your life changes, but not the way she said. The people who truly love you now, will still love and care about you  after the baby is born. Of course, they will pay attention to the baby.  You would be upset if they didn't.  But, you "made" the baby.  How amazing is that?  Don't let her get to you. You are not worthless

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 4:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• While the baby will be a the new hot commodity, you will not ever be worthless. Congrats on your baby and don't let stupid comments like that bother you - no matter who the person is saying them! Be good to yourself - now and after the baby comes. I hope your DH is supportive of you!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Was she?

Answer by louise2 at 5:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• omg people are gonna still care about you. you will still be there dont worry. but right now the baby is a new thing and interesting and cute. the baby will be the focus of their attention. but your still there. youve just turned into mommy.
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 6:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, ppl will still care about you. The baby will just get more attention, that's all.
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 12:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010