Why does my daughter (9) keep feeling nausea and unwell

For a while my daughter has complained of unexplained nausea and headaches, the GP has run blood and urine tests and these have come back clear. Any ideas on my next move? Have I missed something?

cherrypie01

Asked by cherrypie01 at 5:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Maybe allergie related. Sinus related. When my sinuses are bothering me I get head aces and nausea. It could be that.

Answer by louise2 at 5:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree maybe sinuses. My 12yo son has bad sinus drainage (especially this time of the year) and he is frequently complaining of nausea and headaches. Could also be stress? Maybe something upsetting her at school or home?
    ValerieRNmom

Answer by ValerieRNmom at 6:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Allergies causing sinus drainage make my stomach hurt and give me sore throat and headaches. Also allergy to certain foods could do it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Has she had ANY vaccines recently? Vaccines can alter personalities and damage your health dramaticly. The best way to stay healthy is to say NO to vaccines. They are loaded with toxic chemicals and diseases that dont belong in the body. The UN-vaccinated children are by far the HEALTHIEST AND SMARTEST kids and very low maintenance.
    kryysteez

Answer by kryysteez at 1:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It sounds like a food allergy or sensitivity (like wheat or dairy). Try eliminating these foods for six weeks; add one back, a week later add back the otherl

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am experiencing the same thing with my daughter. She is a touch anxious at times and we are waiting on the same kinds of tests to see if it anything serious or not. My doctor says its not uncommon in children, I just hate that she feels bad. We did find out she does have to have reading glasses, have you checked with an eye doctor? We are going to see if those alone will cure the problem or not. I bumped you and hopefully we will find the answer soon! Hang in there!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Allergies or stress would be my guess.....or both....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with everyone above or possibly some acid reflux issues?
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 6:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Maybe a gluten intolerance?

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2010