Help! My stepmom cant keep her big mouth shut!

I know I cant control what others do or say. But what would you do if your step mom blurted out YOUR personal business to mutual friends/acqaintances? Things that I feel are private & dont go around advertising such things in general conversation. Im so frustrated right now. I just wish she'd keep her big mouth shut!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, don't tell her anything anymore that you don't want others to know. I don't tell anyone my personal business for that one reason.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• talk to her about how you feel. Maybe she's not aware how much it bothers you.
    Communicate.

Outside of that, don't tell her any more overly personal things.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• why tell her personal stuff if she tells evryone?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Maybe have a talk with your dad and let him know what she's doing, and you'd appreciate it if he didn't tell her the things that you tell him.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Let her know you are very private.....and also stop sharing personal information with her.....since you cannot control her actions, you can control what you are willing to share with her....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Just tell us on here. We don't know you and can't affect your real life and you at least get it off your chest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I know it's hard, but keep your personal stuff away from her. If she doesn't know about it, she can't advertise it.  BTW - don't tell her personal business. You don't want to stoop to her level.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• just keep your personal buziness personal from her and if she has hurt feelings over you not sharing tell her that you cant trust her to be quite with your buziness......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Believe me, if it wasnt for my dad, she wouldnt know anything that I didnt want repeated. There are certain things I have to discuss w/ my dad, that she ends up sticking her nose in. Then her big mouth blabs it. I know telling her to keep it on the d.l. wont make a difference. She has no filter when it comes to much of anything. Thanks for letting me vent!
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• OR, start airing all her dirty laundry and see how she likes it! =p
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2010