Holiday meal1

What meat do you have for the holidays? My family always did turkey for thanksgiving, ham for Christmas and lamb for easter.
My hubands family does turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and ham for easter.

Amlinich

Asked by Amlinich at 6:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We do Turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas and Ham for Easter same as your husband
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have turkey and or ham for thanksgiving. For Christmas we have turkey/ham/meat pies/lasagna/what every wild meat we have on hand.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Turkey for thanksgiving, Lamb and Ham for Easter (with the traditional Apizza Gaina for breakfast). Traditional Italian 7 fishes for Christmas Eve, Ham or a Pork crown roast for Christmas day (although last year we did a fried turkey and the year before a Turducken). I am Italian American so we always have huge meals at every holiday and they always include at least 5 courses including a pasta course which sometimes turns into a giant piece of lasagna.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• At home we do a ham for Easter, a turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas is whatever. My MIL makes a turkey for everything and will buy an oval ham and slice it if there will be a lot of family there, but she doesn't buy "real" ham. I grew up with parents who raised pigs for meat and to me no real ham look like a flat football. LOL If we are hosting the whole family at our house I will get a ham and cook it and have a turkey smoked. Hubby has a HUGE family and you never know who will show up.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Years ago it was Turkey for Thanksgiving, Ham for Christmas and Easter
    Now we do both Turkey and Ham for Thanksgiving, Seafood for Christmas Eve, Ham and Prime Rib for Christmas Day, and Ham and lamb for Easter.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2010