baby registry

Ok so i am 2 weeks from my shower it is my 1st kid and I havent gotten anythin because i was waiting to get things after the shower to see what i receive so i do not have doubles. Also I chose specific things i wanted like sensitive skin lotions and such.
But it is 2 weeks away and no one has bought anything from my registry. Do most people wait until right before the shower? Or do most people not even go off the registry?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You honestly might not get a lot from your registry.
    And a lot of people forget to say that they were buying something from the registry, so it doesn't get checked off. I wouldn't worry. You may get some cash and gift cards as well, so some of the items that you don't get but wanted you can go back and get after the shower.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• most people just wait until the day before or of the shower to buy the things that are requested most of them dont want to get all the same things. Thier are even some that do not even go off the registry they just want to get you what they feel you might need. Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Dont worry you will get what you need.
    Anonymous

• I didnt get anything from my registery.
    aaliyahmom

Answer by aaliyahmom at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• A lot of people just don't remember to teall the cashier that it's on a registry. So you may get alot from or you may not. I got about half but if you looked at the registry it said maybe 1 thing I think. Other stuff I got I never even thought of and it's the greatest of all.
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 4:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I watched my registries religiously before my showers so I would have an idea of what was coming and if I needed to order anything so it would be here before the baby. There were like 3 things on 5 different registries that people had marked off. Later several people approached me appologizing for not marking it on the registry. Don't stress about it, you may find that there were some things that you didn't actually need even though it was on your registry... :) Hey it's my first also! Good Luck!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I often look at the registry and then buy something off it at another store or I wait till the few days before or day of :)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I didn't get anything from my registry. The only thing that everyone got me was clothes. I already had clothes. My mom threw 2 baby showers for me and said that all these people were coming and they supposedly told her what all i was getting. I was so excited but when I got there only like 5 people came to the first one and 1 person came to the second one. I was upset cause i had to drive 45 minutes to both of them and come to find out she didn't invite anyone else. None of the family even showed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008