does any body else live in a town ran by the kkk?

my town is completely ran by it. all of the police officers, goverment, everything. I wont say the name of the town for fear of getting in trouble. I hate it. i am not racist at all, and neither is my husband. but you can't just leave. if they think you are running the will get you. This may seem impossible to some people, but for others this is our reality. My daughter came home one day and said that kids in school were talking about stupid n***ers and how they hated them and would kill them if they saw one, i told her that they were just like us, and that we dont hate anybody, and those kids were just taught by there parents and didnt know any better. she went back to school and told the boys they were wrong, her mom said so. they said " you and your mom are n***er lovers!" i dont want my kid to learn this stuff, but i dont have any choice. anybody else going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you in Vidor Texas? Why would you be this scared I would leave, were you involved in something is this why your scared?
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• sounds like your either making shit up or being very overdramatic. If you leave they will get you? lol come on now....
    Anonymous

• i know is not easy to just leave. since you have children I'm guessing you and your husband want to get jobs to support yourselves where ever you go. So look on the internet find work in another town and then move.
    Anonymous

• I grew up in the south. The town I grew up in was not run by the KKK. After all of our world travels we moved to a town that had a big KKK influence. We left the south because my hubby found a job out west. A town can not hold you hostage. And if they do you have a wonderful resource to get help, you are on it now...the internet. He found the job on the internet. It was better pay and benefits, better schools, you name it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I just found out yesterday California has the most hate groups 80. And three are in my city. Now I would'nt say they run anything because I've never really noticed or been directly effected by them. So even though they're here they aren't bothering anyone I know.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• why is this question in this category?
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 4:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• This is total drama! The most racist people in America are the people in the NORTH. People in the south learned to live with persons of color hundreds of years ago. They lived with them, were cared for by them, cared for them, and learned that they were people just like us. NORTHERNERS who never had anything much to do with black persons grew up not knowing much about them other than the lies they were told, and many people hate what they don't know. There are a few towns that may have a few persons who belong to the KKK, but the KKK is a SECRET society, they don't tell if they belong. If you don't believe like they do, they WANT you to leave, they won't keep you there.
    Anonymous

• If this is really as bad as you say then you should get out and do it now. It sounds like a dangerous place to be. I don't really doubt that this country has pockets of small towns that are still living in the past. I say it sounds dangerous because these hate groups don't have the same value of human life. You don't have to say that you are moving because of this, just say your hubby got a job transfer or a relative is sick, anything but get out of there. Can you say what state you are in?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Well I had a professor in college who is a retired FBI agent who worked the clan in Durham North Carolina. I have to tell you he had some interesting stories. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to kill you for leaving since I'm guessing you are white, by the words you used. The clan is after blacks and I do believe that they are still around and do hold peaceful rallies because I have seen them and they are required to get a permit to gather. I also had a teacher in high school who was black and actually had a membership to the KKK, he filled out an application and made up a fake name.
    Anonymous

• What about a job transfer? If its really that big a deal that you cna't leave, its legit and you know you'll have income as soon as you move
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2008