what is a good website

Please no bashing!!!! can anyone tell me what a good website where i can find information on miscarriage(not sure how to spell it sorry) i think that i possibly had one last month but i need to know if it really was one. i know that this stupid but never had one before and i have a 5 year so i just need information on it. Please no bashing!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There are different types of miscarriages, but if you aren't sure you had one than most likely you had what's called a Chemical Pregnancy. As for websites, I can't really specify just one, I learned a LOT about it from just googling the word. As far as miscarriages go, I am fairly knowlegeable about them due to experiencing multiple. Message me if you'd like to ask something specific or want to give more details. I hope everything turns out ok for you, it can be a hard thing to deal with.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 3:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• well my period have been coming on the 3rd of the month until the 5th or 6th and last month in sept i had it on the 3rd - the 5th and thats normal for me then on Sept. 27 i spotted then the 28th i started it was heavier than normal and i had really bad cramping that made me just want to stay in bed, well then heavy bleeding and cramping lasted until october the 3rd. At first i thought it was just my period until the cramping continued after the first day and i had to change my tampon like every 45 min which was very unusual. So i am not sure what this was. i was not normal for me at all.
    Anonymous

• It does sound very much like a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy. From what I've read, this happens in as many as 50% of all pregnancies, but most women don't even know it's happened because the bleeding happens right about when the normal period would come or is a few days late. Also, bleeding is a bit heavier than normal and cramping is also common. But again, it's all very similar to getting a slightly late, slighty heavy peroid so a lot of women never even know.
    I would go and get a blood test from your doctor. That will confirm that you were in fact pregnant and that you no longer are, and it becomes part of your medical history so that all the important information is availble if miscarriages become a problem for you.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• WebMD has good information, but you have to sift through it sometimes.
    Did you have any abnormal clotting? I think that I has a miscarriage several years ago. I had a period like what you described and I passed a large (half-dollar sized) clot. I never did go to the doctor or anything.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yes and some what looked like tissue or something i dont know how to describe it. it was the worst thing ever. I am just not sure if it was a misscarriage or not but one thing i know that it was not a regular period for me. i had thought that i could have been prego but maybe not that far along but not sure if i should consult my doctor and maybe do a check up, i am so confused on what to do.
    Anonymous

• if their is more info or anything it would greatly be appreciated. this is all so new to me i already have a son but he is 5 and i cant even remember really being prego with him i know sounds dumb but i am sorry it was so long ago.
    Anonymous