What are your favorite Halloween themed movies?

For yourself?
To watch as a family?
Just for the kids?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 8:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• For me and my hubby, we have a month-long scary-movie marathon leading up to the Halloween movies (the originals-no remakes!) on Halloween day and night (or, in this year's case, starting the night before!). Before that, we watch as many of our scary movies as possible-Tales from the Crypt, Carrie, Rosemary's Baby, Friday the 13th (all of the originals!), Nightmare on Elm Street (all the originals!), Psycho (we own of the 4), Prom Night (the original), Pet Semetary, The Shining....you get the idea. lol Our son loves the Cryptkeeper, though he never watches the actual episodes-he just stands watching the tv when the Cryptkeeper comes on! He also dances when the music starts up. But so far, he doesn't have any favorite Halloween movies!
    HaydensMom178

Answer by HaydensMom178 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Halloween..... That Michael Meyers Kid was just insane.
    blackbudrfly

Answer by blackbudrfly at 8:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The cult classic Halloween. Every time I hear the music I think back to 1978 and the on site locations that looked just like my neighborhood. Jamie Lee was so good in that movie. Now it is just gore ......
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• NightMare On Elm Street movies seemed to be my favorite.
    CatPaws2

Answer by CatPaws2 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Carrie is my favorite scary move, I used to watch it every Halloween, but now we watch A Nightmare Before Christmas.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 9:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• All of the old Halloween movies..kind of dissapointed with the new ones and expected a little more out of Rob Zombie!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I like Hocus Pocus and the Monster Squad for our family to watch together :)
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We watched Hocus Pocus on ABC family the other night..I love that movie!! My daughter on the other hand gets scared of anything so even that freaked her out ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My daughter likes to act scared. It's cute usually but she has banned us from watching Scooby Doo and The Witches Ghost this year LOL
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• charlie brown, and hocus pocus,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010