What does this mean?

You're probably tired of seeing me ask questions on here.....but Im here again, with another question!
Im 4 cm dilated w/ prodromal labor for about 10 days now. My contractions are still irregular but pretty strong BUT this morning I have felt a new sensation with them....everytime I have a contraction I feel like I need to poop (SORRY TMI!) What does that mean? I don't need to go, but when I have a contraction I feel like I do. Thank you for helping!

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 8:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• um should go to doctor, All of my labors have had irregular contractions, they never were what people said they should be,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• sounds like pressure from the baby to me....definately go in and get checked out..... Kileighsmommie is right.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When I had my son and started to feel like that, that's when I was getting close to needing to push. I would go to the doctor or hospital right away.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 9:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Honestly, were you looking for another answer besides call or to your doctor. I mean really some things like this life your carrying should not be toyed with. Good Luck and Congrats.
    katu317

Answer by katu317 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Im not toying w/ my childs life. I have been to labor and delivery 5 times now with PRODROMAL LABOR! They keep me for hours then send me home with the EXACT same instructions. "If you feel period like cramping, contractions more than 4 an hour, bleeding, etc come back" I'm still experiencing alllll of those things and they send me home. The doctors are the ones confusing me! They say oh its not time but Im dilating! I have 2 other children that need me too and I can't run to the hospital everytime I feel something...if I call the doctor they ALWAYS say, just go to Labor and delivery.
    MommieIsSexay

Comment by MommieIsSexay (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with the pervious posters. I would go to l&d. Reminds me of when I was about to deliver my children. My last was irregular labor. I had two contractions about 45 minutes or an hour apart and was not even sure if I was in labor or not but went to l&d anyway. I was told to do so because I had GBS. Anyway, they hooked me up on the monitor and told me they didn't know if they would keep me with the contractions I was having until they checked my cervix and I was 6 1/2 cm already. Good luck!
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 10:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Is it only during the contraction?
    How long is each lasting?
    How many minutes apart?
    When are you due?
    Membranes intact?
    Anything else going on?

You sound like you're having PL and baby is lowering into a deeper station.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2010