How bad is being jealous??

So I haven't been a jealous person with my husband very much at all. I have a man I can trust, which is nice. I finally admitted to him I'm a little jealous of the time he spends with his ex-girlfriend.

Story-
We don't know many people in our town and his ex-girlfriend lives here. They dated for a year before we got together 4 years ago. We are both friends with her and she is a great person whom i also trust. When his friend comes into town they call her to go out everytime. I was always a little uneasy about it and now I figured out why. I'm jealous that she gets to go out to the bar with my husband more than I do. (We never get to go out together as we have small children and usually go out seperately). My husband is fun and she gets the best part of him while I sit at home with the kids.

He went out last night and I turned into a huge bitch about it. I have since apologized. Am I a horrible person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• No your not, I feel you are a descent person for allowing it to begin with, I never could. I see how you feel about her getting his fun side, You said you were all friends, DO you trust her with your kids, Have her watch them while you guys go out.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't think so. While I trust my husband 110%, neither one of us would be comfortable with that situation.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ask him if he would trust you if the situation was reverse
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 9:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• She is the ex for a reason no your not a bad person.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If she is such a great friend and great person then why don't you guys hire her to babysit your kids so you can go out with your own husband?? I come from a small town also so I know writing off the ex isn't just that easy but not everything in a marriage has to be easy, if you are both ok with remaining friends with her then that is fine, but he absolutely should not be going out to the bars with her without you there. Get a sitter, if you can't afford a sitter then he doesn't need to be going to the bar.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am not a Jealous person at all but, i would have a Major Problem with my husband going to hang out at the Bar with his EX- Trust is one thing & Respect is another- i think that is stepping over the boundaries-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• ur too easy going I'm not jealous but if it was an ex I'd be really pissed he'd be a dead man if he looked at me and told me I'm going out with my ex...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your husband goes where with who? He is being very disrespectful to you as his wife. He has no business taking another woman, ex girlfriend or not, to a bar by themselves. He's trying to have his cake and eat it too. And don't even second guess yourself. Your feelings are justified. I would feel the same way. Its time to put an end to this because it looks like little miss exee wants ex back.
    Queen2245

Answer by Queen2245 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• He goes out with his ex to bars more than you?? I see the big pic and it seems like there needs to be a talk soon for your self worth. GL momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Nope. If it's a problem for you, he should not be going. That's a part of the marriage agreement--forsaking all others. He should be spending his free time with you and not with anyone else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010