WHY!!!

I would like to know why we keep accepting product from China, when these products have shown time and time again that they can not be trusted and are dangerous to our family?
Here is another example, tainted candy, Please follow this link to a Candy Recall. This latest recall has angered me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Health

• Because it's cheaper...that's all anybody ever cares about...money! The health and safety of our nation ranks low on the list of priorities for the government. Just start buying things (if you can) that say "made in the USA".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• There is no link, but I know what you are talking about. We keep taking things from their country because we owe them money.. a lot of money.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If you knew the difference in price between imported products and those "Made in America", you'd have a cow. And if you required Union Made Products....just hand over your paycheck. I sell promotional products: a baseball cap that's made in the US will run about $6.00 each. Union Made is about $8.00. I can get the same item from China for $.89 each. Which one will my client buy? Which one can you afford to buy? Sad, but true.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Here is the link, I hope it shoes up

http://www.k103.com/pages/pages/candy_recall.php
    Anonymous

• Hey companygoddess-
    Why do the huge companies need such a larg profit? If you sell a promotional item that cost $8 for $16, you are making a decent profit for a product made in the USA. You'll still sell the product that's made in China for $16, but the company will make a bigger profit. They'll use that for fancy cars and benefit packages for the CEO's and Presidents but they'll say they can't afford to provide healthcare insurance for their workers. This country is disgustingly corrupt and greedy, and we're gonna fall flat on our face because of it.
    Anonymous