So my period is now 11 days late.

I have no pms symptoms and I've taken a few pregnancy test(the dollar store brand) and they came up negative. Should I buy a better test or should I wait another few weeks to test again or should I just not worry and hope my period arrives? Whats you opinion ladies:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I suggest a blood test at your OB, they can tell you if you are pregnant or not.

Not sure about those dollar store tests, never had one of those. But if you took a few of them already and all came out negative, then yes its either too early for a reg. test, or you are just very late.

I assume you are not on birth control pill? If you are on bc pill, then it could be possible then this pill is messing up your cycle, then youll need a different one :)

Good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i would wait a few days to retest and if you get another negative and you think that you are then you should call your doctor to set up to get a blood test. I really dont think that it matters on the brand of the pregnancy test alot of people say that the dollar ones work just as good as the expensive ones. Good Luck!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• dont waste money on an expensive test. they all pick up the hormone no matter how expensive or cheap they are. if i was you and i was really concerned about whether i was pregnant or not, i would go to the doctor and have a blood test done, its the most accurate.
    ilovephoenix123

Answer by ilovephoenix123 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• ^^ just realized i was writing a lot of "then"s. Lol.

sorry about that. my english isnt that great ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Well if you are 11 days late I would wait a few more days and then go get the clear blue digital test! it's what I used to find out I was pergo with my dd and I was a few days later then you are now. So, I would diff look into getting another test, and if it comes back no then I would go to the doctor and let them test you using bloodwork! GL
    Anonymous

• I would wait a little but! Sometimes things are just weird with the female body and eleven days isn't really all that long. I wouldn't worry about anything yet. I know that for me personally everytime I am in the same boat as you I go out and by a twenty dollar test, go home to take, and right after I open it I realize that i have started. Give it a little while longer! Oh, and just so you know. Those dollar store tests are the same ones that they use at local health departments.
    cici190

Answer by cici190 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008