DO you send your baby to the nursery

I do. Yet sometimes feel guilty, Even though they say thats what were here for.

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yes I did with both. I wanted to SLEEP before going home with my babies, for I knew I'd be waking up a lot once we were HOME. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My first spent no time in there (the doc came to our room for exams). My second the hospital didn't have a nursery, but I did take her to the nurses station in the morning long enough for me to get showered before DH and DS got there. I breastfed both and they need to feed on demand and often so it was difficult to send them even if I wanted to.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with aeneva.

The first hospital didn't have a nursery and I felt jippied. The second one had a nursery and I was so excited about it. Then when it came time, I never sent him there and kept him beside me the whole time, go figure!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My first I absolutely refused to send to the nursery. Too many women get their babies back only at the nurses' convenience, or after recieving a bottle or pacifier (which I am totally against that early on, I want to establish breastfeeding). Some babies have even been vaccinated or circumcised without the parent's consent because they were in the nursery. It doesn't happen often any more, but it does still happen.

My second I had at home, so the nursery wasn't even an option. But I gotta say, it was super nice to lay IN MY OWN BED after he was born, cuddled up with my husband. I'm always on such a birth high after I have a baby that I don't sleep the first night anyway, and I loved being at home for it. Totally comfortable, no nurses coming in for blood pressure, blood draws, to check if the baby nursed or pooped or peed... I loved it. Much more restful.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My baby girl was in the NICU.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I did with all 5 of mine because I had c-sections and was doped up on pain killers that made it difficult to stay awake and take care of them.  I tried to have my 3rd room in with me but the 1st night I fell asleep while feeding her.  I woke up and tried to finish feeding her and immediately fell back asleep.  When I woke up she had half fallen off of my lap.  I immediately called the nurse to take her to the nursery because I couldn't adequately care for her with the pain killers in me.

With my last 2 I sent them because I knew it was the only break I would get before going home to a house full of kids (I just had my 5th child in July).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My 1st was in the NICU, my 2nd we had total rooming in, my 3rd-5th I kept in my room during the day and they went to the nursery at night. The nurses brought them in to me every 3 hours to nurse.

Answer by missanc at 1:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• the onlu time my lo went to the nersary was for his bath but he spent the rest of the time in the room with me and b/f
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010