Going shopping for a new fridge...do you have one with freezer on bottom? Like it or hate it?

I keep seeing them everywhere, to me it seems harder to get too....but maybe I just dont understand the benefits.

Tell me what you think.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 10:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you have ANY back issues whatsoever..pass on the bottom freezer...OR if you don't want to have any back issues whatsoever...lol
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• May I suggest if you have a Sears near by to go to the scratch and dent sale, they have awesome fridges for very cheap because of one or two unnoticeable dents or scratches, it is really worth looking into.

Answer by older at 10:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• oh yes I ALWAYS hit the scratch and dent before going inside....I have found some very nice things there for hundreds of dollars cheaper...lol

chocolat...see thats my thinking....bending over for EVERYTHING I want out of the freezer.....seems like hairs and such would easily drop inside as well....bending over it so often...
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wouldnt get one with a freezer in the bottom. I can only imagine how much my son would be in the freezer himself pulling mess out!!! UGG! Not for my family!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I like it and my friend has one and she loves it. BONUS: You don't have to worry about frozen item falling out and hitting your feet if you get one.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My son is 2 and he doesnt get into it. Too heavy for him to open.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would love to have a freezer on the bottom, we use it so much less and it would move the fridge area higher, which is what we use so much more.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wish ours had a freezer on the bottom! A good friend and my grammy both have them, and it is so much easier getting things in and out of the fridge!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We bought a new fridge a few months ago and chose to go with a side-by-side, which we LOVE. We opted to go that route instead of the freezer on bottom because we use the freezer all the time (I'm not much of a cook, ahem, so lots of frozen stuff for us) and none of us liked the idea of constantly bending over to get stuff. So I guess it's probably just more of a personal preference as to which design is more convenient for your family.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have a side by side but when we do need to get one it's going to be a freezer on the top I am not going to be bending over to get into the freezer
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010