Nurse says im 21 weeks.. but ultrasound says the baby is the size of a 14 week pregnancy. HELP!

I went to a free ultrasound and they told me that the baby was the size of a baby of 14 weeks. but the last time i had my period was June 3. Did anyone else have this problem.

heatherface216

Asked by heatherface216 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes. go by the ultrasound. you'll get a better idea at your 20wk. ultrasound.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Ultrasound usually doesnt lie. You could have skipped a period. It happens a lot actually that women miss a period.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'd go by the date of your last period... even though they say ultrasounds are better, they aren't always right. An ultrasound was 3 weeks off for my friend...
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yeah, i missed my period in October (of last year) and didn't realize it till i missed November, so i thought i was 2 months preggo...turns out i got pregnant like 2 days before i was supposed to start my period so my body went ahead and just skipped my period...so i thought i was close to 10 weeks but when they did the ultra sound i was only 6 weeks...so you need to go by the ultra sound.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yeah last time i had mine was in march which would mean i would be 32wks but when they did the ultrasound it said i am 28wks now. i say go by the u/s too
    Anonymous

• Even if you got pregnant after your first 'missed period', the dates are very far apart. It sounds from your posting that it was a free ultrasound, meaning you don't have an OBGYN? I would definitely check with your doctor, or get one fast, to make sure the baby is still growing appropriately. It could totally be that your dates are off and be no big deal, but I would still play it safe.
    Good luck to you, I truly hope everything is ok.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 3:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Wait several weeks and have another ultrasound. If the ultrasound is still the same date then you know which one is right.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I feel for you. Based on my last period, I would be 22 weeks. But based on my u/s I am 17 weeks. I was a little disappointed at first. But I measure right on for 17 weeks and I am just happy that we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat on schedule, instead of the fear that something was wrong when we couldn't hear it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008