Engagment

How did you get engaged?

ljlM

Asked by ljlM at 3:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The same way I think most people get engages. DH asked if I would marry him and I said yes.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My husband asked me at church *after service* He had been gone dealing with Airforce stuff 2 weeks gone, and the day he came home he met me at church in his BDU's And popped the question. down on one knee and all. I found out he even asked my dad for my hand.
    Anonymous

• Very sweet to ask your father!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 3:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Easter day, we found out my father had terminal lung cancer & was at a nearby VA hospital. His congrgation had a 'Celebration of his life" for him that I, my dh and youngest daughter attended. When I showed my dad my ring (as we had already had them) he asked my dh if he had asked me yet and he said no (because he hadn't) because he was waiting for the right time to ask my dad for my hand. Well my dad said, "well I guess you should ask her now", so my dh, (totally nervous and thrown off) got down on one knee and asked me in front of my dad, my daughter and his congregation. And I knew that when that day came, my dad wouldn't be there (as he passed away on may 20th of this year) to walk me down the aisle, but I'll always have the memory that he got to see my dh propose which is priceless and will stay with me forever.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My DH took me to NY last Dec. After a Broadway show he had a limo waiting for us out front. We took a ride bridearound Central Park and most of Manhattan. We stopped at the Rock and rode to the top. While standing on top of the world he got down on one knee and asked!

ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 3:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My Hubby decided to join the Army and when he did that I came home and told him that were getting married on Tuesday at the courthouse. He said ok and a week later we were married. Ahhh so romantic......
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• In a cathedral, after lighting a candle.
    Anonymous

• My husband took me to a really nice restaurant and while we were waiting for the first course he came to my side of the table and kneeled down. Me, miss not-so-romantic asked "What are you doing down there?!?" LOL. He was so nervous he gave a little speach but I only caught parts of it because his voice was shaky then asked "will you spend the rest of your life with me?" SOOOOO SWEET!!! (naturally, I said yes!)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my husband snuck into my bedroom while i was out to work and laid yellow roses from the front door to the bedroom. then he put the ring inside a rose... he took me to a picnic dinner then took me home and surprised me with the question :)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 4:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008