hair length and body size?

this question is in now way meant to be offensive! I'm just curious, do you think certain hair lengths look better on certain body sizes? Like would a pixie cut look better on a thin person than a plus size? Or is it all about face shape?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i dont think short cuts look good on larger women....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think it's more about face shape. If you have a very round face, no matter what your size is, certain hair styles will compliment it better than others. For example, don't go for bangs if your face is very round, and bobs tend not to look great on round faces either. If your face is longer, don't go for the sleek styles with nothing around your face, it makes it look longer.

Some styles don't look good on anyone. Hair that is stringy and unkempt hanging limply halfway down your back doesn't look good no matter hwo big or small you are lol. One hair style I think is flattering for almost anyone is the side-part, multi-layered look with longer hair, at least past your shoulders.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Certain hair cuts do look better on certain facial types.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am a chubby woman and I have military cut because it looks better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, certain hair looks better on certain body types, but I do think face shape has more to do with it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It has to do with both body size and face shape but also has to do with a persons confidence level and how well maintained it is. I dont like short hair on girls but there are some that totally pull it off. Long stringy thin hair also doesnt look good.
    babemakes4

Answer by babemakes4 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i hate to have short hair after i have a baby, when i am carrying an extra 20 pounds! i feel like it makes me look even fatter.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It depends on your face and your overall style. My friend's "stepdad" has a fade and she can pull it off because she has very masculine features. She actually looks ridiculous with long hair. His mom is a bigger woman and she can pull of short hair. She has hers a little lower than her ears. I not matter what size I ever was in life always looked horrible with short hair
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it has more to do with face shape than body size. An oval face is pretty flexible in terms of styles you can wear, a round face is not going to look good with volume around the face making it look rounder, a long face could use some volume around the face to make it look fuller... it's mostly about the face.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• yes... i'm heavier now (7 months preggers) and short hair really shows off my rounder face... i will wait til i loose some of the baby weight to cut my hair shorter...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010