I think my high heels cause numbness in my feet..

I used to wear high heels all the time when I was younger, but havent really worn them for the last two years. I thought I would treat myself to a few new pairs of heels. I have worn one pair like 5 times with no problems. I wore a different pair two days ago, and now the balls of me feet are numb and three toes on the right and two on the left are as well. They dont hurt or anything, it just feels really weird when I try to walk or touch them. From what I have gathered I pinched a nerve.. now what my question is: Do I have to stop wearing them? Or just realize when I wear them Ill have numb feet for a few days. And is there anything I can do to still wear them, but prevent it? Also how long does it take to go away?

mykidmylife

Asked by mykidmylife at 3:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• it takes a day or two. Especially if they are the kind that cover the top part and the rest isopen toe flats.I had the same thing happen. Good Luck
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If at all possible, I wouldn't wear those shoes any more. You are describing a type of nerve damage, and the only way to permanently correct the problem is to not exacerbate it. A few days, as the above poster said, things should go back to normal... but if you continue to wear those shoes, it may be longer lasting, and get worse. My hubby had the same problem with the wrist braces they make him wear for work. He complained, and they said wear them anyway. His ring finger and middle finger on both hands are now void of feeling permanently.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• there is surgery you can get done witch they put water bag so you will have so comfort in the botton of your foot and toes but you can also go to walmart and in the parmacy area they have some stuff that u can use high heels that works too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• its also possible those shoes are too snug. a lot of shoes are tight when it coems to width. i got a really hot pair of heels recently that fit length wise but they are soo tight..the width is terrible and they hurt like a bitch to wear
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2008