Do you hide the gifts till christmas eve when their in bed, or put them out as they are wrapped?

I know people do things differently, but I remember as a kid my parents would only put out the gifts from relatives under the tree before xmas(and sometimes not) so when we woke up xmas morning, it was a HUGE surprise! I felt sorry for my friend whos' parents put everything out as soon as it was wrapped, that she missed out on the WOW factor of christmas morning. SHe had seen all the gifts there for weeks! SO I was wondering what do you do? I do the same, hide everything till they are sleeping :)

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I hide them and put them out on christmas eve. I've got a 2yr old, 1yr old, and 7 week old so if I put them under before, something would be bound to get open! Plus I agree with you, I love the surprised looks my kids get!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Haha mine would still find them...I have a 14 yr old a 13 yr old and they ruin it for the 8 yr old...my LO still believes in santa but he's not suprised what he gets because his older sister and brother when I'm not home find the gifts and show him...This year they are staying on Layaway till the last minute
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I put them under the tree the night before Christmas eve. The surprise factor is Christmas morning when the gifts from Santa are added.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 11:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We put presents received from family and friends under the tree as they are received, then allow the kids to open them Christmas Eve. We always hide the presents from us, and put them under the tree while the kids are asleep Christmas Eve. The kids are 15, 13, 13, 11, and 2.5 - I plan on doing this until all of the kids are out of the house. I LOVE seeing their faces when they see the tree Christmas morning.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We don't put ANY presents under our tree til they are in bed on Christmas Eve. So it literally goes from nothing to everything. They usually get 7-10 presents each, so there's a huge difference and I love seeing their faces on Christmas morning. Well I take that back we do put one Christmas Eve present under the tree for them on the 23rd, and they get to open it on Christmas Eve. it's normally pajamas and a book or DVD, but this year I am making them all homemade blankets instead of the pajamas.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• some times i'll put gifts they received early under the tree if i have no where to put it the moment they get it, but i only put gifts out on christmas eve once everyone is sleep oh and milk and cookies for santa, yummy, lol
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 7:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Same here but my dd busted me she was in my closet for some unknown reason and noticed some X-mas paper and she says uh huh I knew Santa Claus was not real and I said YES he is she said MOMMY I know it's you and Daddy bc I see the same wrapping paper under the tree that is the same as in your closet. I tried to play it off but she did not buy it...lol Kids are so smart.
    So now we just wait on the 23rd and put out all gifts so by the 24th they are just as surprised. Ready for the 25th.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Hide them until my DD is in bed on Christmas eve and sleeping. Althought on Christmas eve I don't get alot of sleep because I even like the thrill's of Christmas morning. One of my friends who was polish got to see all of her gifts under the tree before Christmas, so I also felt sorry for her. I guess that was just her caulter I don't know, her and I also used to exchange gifts every year and we always used to surprise each other that way and it helped with my feelings on her family's traditions.
    SarahLouise508

Answer by SarahLouise508 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I only put out the gifts from relatives before Christmas eve. Then on Christmas ever morning, I put out her Christmas Eve present (holiday pj's & holiday stuffed animal). She opens it that night. Then all the gifts come out in the middle of the night.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2010