What should I make for DD's 3rd Birthday Party lunch?

OK, here's the deal. We're only having 3 kids total. HOWEVER! Almost half of the folks that are attending( all the parents are coming too) including one of the kids are vegetarian and two don't eat eggs either. So no quiche etc.
I'm a good hostess and want to make something everyone will enjoy, but am envisioning myself chained to the stove, making twelve different dishes instead of enjoying my LO's party.
DD is a great eater, btw, but her favourite special treat lunch is a good old fashioned hot dog. And it's her B'day. afterall.
My dilemma is I can't just do one kid's thing and one adult thing because of dietary restrictions. Anyone have some brilliant suggestions?
Oh, and it's a Halloween B'day. Help!

Ems629

Asked by Ems629 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Maybe several trays of finger foods? Like a veggie tray with dip, a meat.crackers/cheese tray, a pickle tray, a fruit tray, a whole tray of watermelon slices(very popular) a bowl of popcorn, some cheesies, some mini sandwiches(veggie,meat, jam, tuna, egg?) and some drinks. Most kids wont fill as they are wanting cake anyhow :) maybe when they call to rsvp ask them what they like.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Grilled cheese... cut them into cute shapes or something like that. Your child is three, so she is not going to remember this birthday and that you were the mommy who made 27 different dishes to accommodate the other children. Make something simple that kids like. If you want to add a fresh fruit and veggie tray for the vegans, go for it.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well.....I understand your dilema....how about hot dogs for the kids who do eat them & apples & salad and/or cheese and veggie pizzas. It is hard accomodating people in large numbers w/dietary restrictions. Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• make mini veggie pizza's and have hot dogs w/chips
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• or home made mini pizzas for everyone, some cheese, some pepperoni, etc so everyone would get what they like.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We just did my daughters 3 rd bday spooktacular in the park. I served spaghetti, bone shaped garlic bread, cupcakes, pumpkin whoopie pies and drinks. maybe there is some pasta that dont contain eggs and you could do a sutible bread dough? Just a though as its easy to trhow together for a large crowd and everyone eats it. Good luck
    babemakes4

Answer by babemakes4 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010