a grandma again.....

ok well im a grandma again on the 21st so this is my daughter ok now last night my son told me there going to have a baby this is my first born son and the other 2 daughters ive been there thru each delivery should it be different with my son or should i try and be there for his to i know its a long time away but since his a boy and she has her mother but see when my daughters give labor me and my soninlaws mom are there...?what do u think?

desires_place

Asked by desires_place at 11:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your son and DIL and find out what would make them most comfortable. Whether or not you are in the delivery room, be at the hospital to share their joy and see your new grandchild.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ask what they want and go with it. I personally can't stand having either mother in there with me when I'm laboring- DH and a good friend are all I want. They waited in the waiting area with the rest of the family. Everyone has different feelings about who they want with them when they are in labor- some may want the whole family, others just the dad, etc.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would ask your son and DIL what they want from you, just to make sure you do not step over any boundaires as some MIL's tend to do!
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 2:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010