Are you with married to a man or a mommas boy how has this helped or hurt your relationship?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH is a daddy's boy. THANK GOD!!! He's not close with his mother at ALL. Our DS is also a daddy's boy (and I'm glad...never wanted him to be a mama's boy), but of course, our relationship will always be close.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I married a Major mama's boy after ten years I knew I either had to kill him or leave him We divorced in 93
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh yes... my husband's father died when he was three, so he was raised primarily by his mother until she remarried several years later. He did the guy stuff with his grandfathers, but his mother was the one who raised him... to my advantage! Because she was the one who raised him, he grew up with a great appreciation and respect for women. He also learned that he had to help out with chores and knows how to do dishes, laundry, etc. I give her great credit for that. There have been times when he had to choose between her wishes and mine, but it has not been a problem very often. Aside from the occasional irritation, she and I get along very well.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• my step daughter married a momma's boy and he will never grow up because of his mother and her control, but he see's nothing wrong with it and would do whatever his mom asked even when it comes to her wanting to balance their checkbook...women who have to have that kind of control over their boys are not doing them any favors
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My husband use to be. But he doesnt choose her over me. She also lives in another state so he isnt so bad. We see her about once a year. He use to call her so I could make his food the way she did. She has always told him that he shouldnt call her for that. She tells him I can cook just fine. She is there if he needs her but hardly ever butts in our relationship. I enjoy sitting talking to her and she recently told my husband that if we live closer we would get along great and do alot together.

Did I mention we have the same First and middle name. She remarried about 10 yrs ago so we didnt get to share the last name too.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 1:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The umbilical cord is supposed to be cut at birth. If it's not, it does not bode well for any woman who wants to hook up with a man who is still on "umbilical life support". Be afraid...be very afraid. A man who loves and respects his mother is a FAR CRY from a grown man who doesn't jump until mother says how high.
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• LOL.. When I married my husband, his momma gave me a COOKBOOK with all of his favorite foods and what night of the week to cook them... I kid you not... He comes from a true Ozzie and Harriet type family.... She hovers over him. Calls at least 3x's a week... Emails every morning and if we don't email back, she calls.. lol.. It was hard to grasp when we were younger... But once I started having babies, I couldn't believe all of the support and help she offered. I love her.. Now, I look forward to her phone calls... :o) She is one of the most amazing women in my life....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think my man is a perfect combination of man, daddy's boy, & momma's boy. He is close to his parents, is very respectful & values them. But he is a grown man who is his own person now, with his own life. He does not check in with them or ask permission. He will ask for their advice- AFTER he has talked to me of course. I really do feel like he is a fantastic combo.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 24, 2010