when u get into an a elevator(ive been doing alot lately) do u feel the obligation to talk to the other people getting on?a simple hello or how are u? ido .

since ive been in and out of the hospital because of so and my new grandbaby i have to ride the elevator alot,and theres alot of people getting on and off.i talk to some and others no i guess its the mood they set when they get i n.

desires_place

Asked by desires_place at 11:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i always do. My 10-year-old grandaughter was with me recently, and she's from a bigger city. She asked me why I kept talking to people. I told her I was just being friendly. She said, "that's just wierd". I said, it makes the time go by more pleasantly. She said that if I were to do that where she lives people would just look at me funny, but I've never had that happen. I think people are genuinely pleased to be acknowledged.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• nope. they usually give me a dirty look when I say hello. Or they chat you up so much you regret starting a conversation!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I always make eye contact and smile or say "hi". It opens the door to talk if they want to.
    I don't often talk to people in elevators, the ride is just to short.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No, I don't usuall initiate a conversation< but will talk if they start the conversation.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I always smile, but people don't like to make eye contact.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No. If they say hello, I will respond, but I see no reason to talk to people I'm only ever going to spend 6 seconds of my life with.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• no, I've never felt obligated, but if I'm in a chatty mood I do...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't talk to anyone but if they talk I will respond or if someone smiles I'll smile back
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 12:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010