K ladies do you think work at home jobs are legit or scams?

I am a mother of five with one on the way ( two step children that I consider my own ). My hubby is busting his rump working two jobs and we are just not makeing it . there is NO way we can afford child care soooooo I have been looking into at home ways to make money to help out . They all want money first and I am leary about sending in money or giveing my credit card info out ..... so what do you ladies think ? Legit or Scams ???? IF you know of any that you know FOR A FACT are LEGIT please let me know!

lilshybree83

Asked by lilshybree83 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• I believe most you find on the computer are scams. The only way you can work from home is if you have been with a company for awhile that has working from home as an option.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Any company that wants your credit card up front is a SCAM! Never, ever give them your money!!

Read this article from MSN - http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/4realJobsYouCanDoFromHome.aspx?page=2

It lists links to legitimate opportunities and ideas for working at home.

Good luck!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Scams.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Sorry - I listed page 2 of the article - you can click 1 to go to the first page and check out opportunities there as well.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You have to at least realize there is a difference between a work at home JOB and a work at home BUSINESS!

A job is with an employer/employee relationship where you earn a paycheck for work done.

A business is anything from bing a rep with a direct sales company (Avon, Tupperware, PartyLite, etc), a wah business you create and start or sites that offer things like buying a kit to make crafts at home that they buy.

With a "job" there will be no start up costs, but any of the things you find online that require money to start up with a kit are either 100% LEGIT direct sales companies, 100% LEGIT start your own company OR the maybe 30% LEGIT craft kit and similiar things where you pay to join. Those craft kit type places ARE relatively legit, but they get around it buy not accepting what you made, saying it's flawed.

But with ANY business there are NO guarantees of making $$ for work done, so there IS RISK!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think they are legit but you have to know someone that already does it. I thought the same thing last week and was contacted by one of my CM friends. I never knew she worked from home and did quite well. I signed up and have already started making a little money ( of course I only do it part time). So atleast I know this one is legit. It was only a dollar to start and I figured it was worth a try. If you would like some info I would be more than happy to send you some info as well.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think that is where a lot of people get confused. If they see something on the computer that says, I have jobs available and I am hiring, just go here to sign up... Well, that's definitely a scam. They are most likely trying to sell you an eBook. There are jobs, most of them are call center jobs, but they are out there. Here in my town Sprint hires at home workers as does Convergys. But, they are in high demand. There are other options out there, but like I said, for every one position open, there are literally thousands of applicants.

If you can think of something unique to start on your own, you are far better off as far as flexibility goes.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If they need money up front they're always scams.

Real work from home jobs tend to start out as office jobs that can be converted to the home via lap top computer.

If you really want to do a serious work from home job, I'd look into taking a medical coding or transcription course.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If your looking for some legit ways to make money please visit our Blog!
    Earnings In A Baskets
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well, I've had at home jobs, and at home businesses... And I've been scammed... But no, not ALL at home opportunities are scams, just the ones that sound to good to be true!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010