When did your LO start walking?

My daughter is 5 1/2 Months old, we all think she will walk fairly early, she has been putting weight on her legs since she was a month old (with you holding her under her arms of course for support). She has been running around in her walker since 2 months. And at 4/5 Months she will walk around with you holding her under her arms or holding her hands.

Mama2BabyTaurus

Asked by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first daughter born at 34.5wk walked at 9m first steps were 7m3w old... by 12m she was running all over and hasn't slowed since..
    My middled daughter born at 32wks walked at 13m she went from a few steps here and there to practically running. There wasn't the practice like my first.
    My youngest was born 29wk she was 16months old when she walked and she cruised for probably 4-5 months, stepped here and there for 2-3 months before getting the strength and balance to go on her own. She is just 21months and probably the last 2 months is running now.

Be careful with the walker it can actually tighten the tendons in the lower ankle, its the same with exersaucers too. :) Good luck!
    There are stretches for the ankle to help with the tendons. :)
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well I called my ped and asked them about letting her stand and letting her walk in the walker and they said her muscles and development is fine since she has support like your hands or being able to sit down in the walker and rest. I think she will start walking soon!
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• DS starting walking at exactly 10 months to the day. He had taken a few steps on his own before then but that is when he really went.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My dd started walking at 9 half months.My niece started walking at 7 months on her own she was running by 9 months.LOl it was funny because she was just so little.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yeah I am hoping Sophie is walking around 7-9 months it would be so freaking cute!!
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Comment by Mama2BabyTaurus (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• She walked at 9 months
    chillybreeze

Answer by chillybreeze at 3:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My DS liked standing on our lap very early on too. He could stand on his own by 5 months (holding onto something), took his first steps at 9 months, and was walking well by 11 months.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2010