I need help with my 8 year old step son adult content

Okay so my 8 year old step son found out that santa isnt real. How did he find out cause of his stupid mother who is a greedy sorry for saying this bitch. And she doesnt think that santa should give her kids better gifts then her. Now he is saying in front of his 2 1/2 year old sister that santa's not real. How do I get him to be quiet about it cause she loves santa she loves everything about santa. How do I get him to be quiet my husband and I have tried everything but he just doesnt seem to care about how his sister feels

MarissaDavis29

Asked by MarissaDavis29 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tell your youngest child that believing in Santa is magical.
    Children like magic.
    Explain that some children don't look hard enough for Santa and the magic and sometimes they can't see Santa clearly (Which is why the 8 year old is doubting)
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 12:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• great answer Serendipitydoo!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Mom that is totally normal. Most young children find out from their older siblings. It's nothing to be hateful about. He's just totally normal. You could bribe him to be quiet as that usually works. But, don't be so angry about it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Its more my husband that gets really mad about it
    MarissaDavis29

Comment by MarissaDavis29 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• plus when she hears him she starts crying really hard and wont stop the only way we get her to stop crying is telling her that he is lying
    MarissaDavis29

Comment by MarissaDavis29 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• He's angry. He's hurt. He's lashing out. Telling his 2 year old sister is part of his anger. Try to talk to him about his anger. And I like the suggestion about telling the little one about the magic of Santa. Hopefully, you will soon be able to get him over his anger and he will stop telling her that Santa isn't real and she will continue to believe in the magic of Christmas.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• tell him if hes quite he gets a gift from "santa" if not he dosent explane its very important to his sister and to go along with it that as long as he does she will b happy and he will get that extra gift too
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It's a well known fact that those who believe in Samta get gifts from Santa. I'm 36 and living proof...Santa is very good to me. Also, I'm a very good girl so that helps!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Does the 8-year-old realize that the "Spirit of Santa" is still going to bring him presents? In my family, everyone got presents from Santa until the youngest finally stopped believing. (Which meant I was 21 and still getting Santa Gifts). Maybe you can get him to be excited about Santa and recruit him to help make little Sis's Christmas more special.

Explain that now that he knows that Santa is a wonderful magical idea, he gets to play a part too. Santa is "real" because Santa is an idea that makes parents give kids gifts in order to express the magic of Christmas. Now he gets to be part of the "real" story too by being a "real" elf. Make it seem important. Give him some responsibilities, like helping little Sis write her Christmas letter. I bet he comes around once he realizes that you're not going to take all of the fun out of Christmas, as long as he can still feel like part of it.

DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 1:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• just explain to your youngest and tell her not to listen to her brother.
    tinker16233

Answer by tinker16233 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2010