Do you hate your life and what has become of you over the years???

I"m so depressed about my life. I'm unhappy most of the time and i'm struggling day by day to get my things in order. of course i put a front on when i go to school functions, i am wearing a smile when i'm in public....but.... i have no fun and no purpose in my life really, other then taking care of my son, whom i love dearly.
my husband goes to work after work he goes to the gym after that heaven knows....he comes home at 8 pm every single day....wtf . i have no friends. well at least not close by. i have friends from my past but my present sucked for many years now. ...i don't know what to do....don't tell me to go on antidepressend because i already take those for my panic attacks which i got 3 years ago...and they are not doing doodle squat for my depression....

Ladyblue38

Asked by Ladyblue38 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• No, in fact I am thankful that I met hubby when I did. I think our relationship has really helped ground me over the years.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't hate my life, but I do hate the excess weight that makes me uncomfortable. It's my own fault though.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I hate certain aspects, things I would like to change, But overall, no, I don't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• no, i am pretty happy :) i have the best husband and my kids that love me dearly :) i hope everything gets better for you
    Jerods_Wifey18

Answer by Jerods_Wifey18 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes....I was just like you are for a very long time....I still am sometimes....but I realized that the only person who could change my circumstances was me.....I stopped allowing my husband to disrespect me.....I loved my children, but they disrespected me too, as well as my parents, all people I loved, and my so called friends....even my church used me as a doormat but didn't love me....I learned to love myself...I learned that there is nothing wrong with standing up for myself, and if people got mad at the changes, I allowed them to be mad...in the process, I discovered how manipulative people are, even when they love you.....I didn't respond to that anymore, and toxic people went away on their own....my husband changed....my children are changing, and I am changing.....I take time for myself, I have learned to say no, even when people think that makes me a bad mother or whatever tool they use to gain power over me....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Everyones life sucks every now and then,even the rich and famous. My hubby is my friend my best friend. I have friends at work but in my neighborhood,they r a bunch of back stabbing bitches! Maybe if u went out and joined a gym or got a job,it would improve your self esteem and social life.
    Anonymous

• ....In a nutshell, I took back my power....I started figuring out what I like and doing it....I started experimenting with life again.....I learned I can control my thought patterns and when bad thoughts creeped in, I shook my head, said no, and moved on to other thoughts....I offered each thing that I do as a prayer for someone....such as washing dishes or whatever....because I am happy here and now, I can be happy washing dishes, or whatever......because happiness happens on the inside....I accept and process pain.....and I love myself, and each day am finding my joy.......best wishes to you....you can do it too, but nobody can do it for you..... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• thank you ladies....i'm in tears now...it takes a strong person to do all those changes and right now i'm not...i'm far from being strong....i pray every day that i will get the strength to make all the changes that need to be done for my life to become meaningful again and worth leaving ....but so far its just enough strength to make it day by day....
    Ladyblue38

Comment by Ladyblue38 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Try to find a part-time job at anything just so you feel functional and maybe also go back to school to get a class here or there. Just something to get out of the house. Having an exercise program can also do wonders for your self-esteem. Volunteering will also get you out. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I agree with musicmom08/. Get out and do some positive,healthy and entertaining things every day---you need to be with people who are positive and give you some positive encouragement! There ARE people who will make you feel happy and not ignore you. Friends or just friendly people at the store...etc. Getting out of yourself and forgetting that your DH comes home late,etc. will lift your mood a lot Then ,..you could explain to him that he is ...ignoring you.too.
    I used to feel that way too....but then I got a job where people were upbeat and supportive and encouraging and after several months, I felt like a different person---happier and more confident. Sometimes the people at home do not do that for you.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010