What to do?

so im six months pregnant as of today and my baby's dad left me a month ago and started dating two days after we broke up... i met this guy and he is super sweet and always knows how to cheer me up... he says he likes me a lot but i feel like if it was meant to be he'd wait til im ready to add the stress of a relationship into my life... I don't know if i should keep him waiting or just give in....what should i do?

Caydensmommy11

Asked by Caydensmommy11 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You're in an emotionally vulnerable position right now, it may be a good idea to wait until after the baby is born to take the relationship to the next level, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You need to talk to him and lay all your cards on the table. Tell him how you feel towards him how you want to wait and focus on your child right now. Tell him you want him around but you dont want to move to that next level just yet. Let him know you want him to know all this so he doesnt think youre leading him on. Youll find out if hes willing to wait or not that way.
    Jezzeria

Answer by Jezzeria at 1:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Personally I think it's to early to start a relationship. I would wait till after you have the baby. JMO
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 1:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When your baby is born, your life is going to change, and you will need all of your energy to focus on being a mother......Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to be alone for a while and figure out who you are and what you want from life before starting a new relationship.....feel comfortable in your own skin as a mom first before you take on anything new.....that is what I would advise...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Wait for what? Sex? If he "really likes you", then let him be your friend. Just forget that he has a penis for a moment...does he still want to hang out with you - because he likes you? Because if he does, he's a keeper. Define what it means to you to "start a new relationship"...does that mean sexual and emotional and exclusive? Why? My DD was in a similar position, and her BF through the whole PG was "Ryan". He was there for her as a friend the whole time, through the birth, and in her case, the adoption. They ended up together for two years, and then parted the closest of friends. He was her rock when she needed him. Give your new friend a chance at being your friend - draw the lines where you want them drawn. Stay in control of your life, and try not to pigeonhole the relationship into "the dating game". Men and woman CAN and should be friends. It doesn't have to be a huge drama. Take care of YOU!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• DON'T give in. Never settle for less than what you want. You are young and still have time to find that special person in your life. You may miss his sweetness, but you deserve better.
    notlott37

Answer by notlott37 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• DON'T give in
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 24, 2010