What do you eat/drink when you have a stomach flu?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• sprite, crackers, rice and cheerios usually. ONe I am feeling better O start with noodles with a little parm or a boiled egg. I have no idea why but I always want a boiled egg after I have been sick. weird huh?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I make Jello and light soups and crackers. Have some puddings/applesauce and whatever I can stomach.   

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• chicken noodle soup!!! Ginger ale or sprite both warm.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• crackers seven up and chicken broth once i can keep that down peanut butter toast
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Whatever sounds good! I steer clear of anything acidic, dairy, most juices, or anything high in fat. Soups, teas, gatorade, pop (clear or cola), toast, crackers.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• What ever I can keep down. A lot of water to keep hydrated.

Answer by louise2 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I take what I call Dr. Cain Cocktail (after my mentor) which consists of a 1/4-1/2C. of tomato juice, 1-2 T apple cider vinegar, and as much cayenne pepper as you can stand, mix it up and drink it down as soon as you know you have been exposed, drink it daily for 3 days (whatever the incubation period is) and it keeps you from getting the flu. It tastes kind of like a Snappy Tom and if you can get down even a few sips it really works! For kids I make it weaker and have them sip it thru a straw, with big glass of water for a chaser! It has kept me well with sick kids hangin all over me-it is amazing. It is too late to take it if you are already throwing up. After the sickness is over I take lots of Acidophilis capsules and good plain yogurt to get my stomach back in balance again.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 11:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• pretzels, crackers, jello, dry toast, broth
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010