Pain in my shoulder and wrist

Every time I try to raise my arm the shoulder hurts and if my arm is just down at my side the wrist hurts. When I move my arm in a circle or stretch it out in front of me like,handing someone something the shoulder makes a ,like a something coming out of place and it hurts really bad. Any idea what it could be! help!! Hurts more and more every day! I think I'm at the most pain I can handle,I cried today!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 1:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• Maybe a rotator cuff injury? Have you done something unusual with that arm? Last winter my dog pulled on his leash so hard,it injured my shoulder,elbow and wrist. It took about 6 months to stop hurting.
    Good luck!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Go to the chiropractor. I get pain like that and it's due to having a rib out of place behind my shoulder blade - when my shoulder gets bad enough it affects my elbow & wrist too. A trip to the chiro has me feeling much better!
    Anonymous

• A good chiropractor does not worsen an injury. A good chiropractor will check everything over before doing anything - and will tell you if you need to see a doctor instead. A good chiropractor is a health savior - they don't push drugs & surgeries or procedures, they have you and your health in their best interest.
    Anonymous

• i know a man that is moving luggage for his retirement job, and his chiropractor keeps him working. he has a shoulder thing going on too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Can you get a second opinion?

I had bursitis in my knee years ago (from a rowing machine I had started using). "working it out" was the last thing I needed then.

A good chiropractor could be helpful -- as with seeing an MD, the operative word is "good".

Your pain sounds similar to a situation I had a couple of years ago when I tried to save myself from falling down stairs by holding on to the rail. It took almost a full year before my shoulder was normal again. Ibuprofen and physical therapy did the trick for me; but it began with a GOOD diagnosis, which is what you need in order to get pointed to the right treatment plan.

Good luck. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I carry very heavy pieces of equipment and wash it down then reassmble it. I can't even mop a floor!! It hurts too much!!! My shoulder!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't know what to do. I went to my doctor and he said it was bursitis. He told me to work it out at the gym. I did that twice and it did not help!!!! I looked it up online and it did not say to keep working it!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It sounds as though you have twisted the humerus in the shoulder socket, sometimes the bicipital tendon gets displaced too, which causes pain like you are describing. I agree that a good Chiropractor will do the most for you in this case. If you keep working it before having it adjusted & re-aligned correctly, you may tear something-besides it hurts too much to get any kind of decent workout yet. Chiropractors are experts at treating these kinds of conditions-ask a friend for a referral and don't stop going till it is pain-free again.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 11:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Chiropractors can make injuries worse....my friends have told me. Go to an MD.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010