WOW did I really just get "laid off" let go or what ever u wanna call it??

Well I was working 2 jobs that gave me maybe 25 hours a week. but one job just let me go. I pay child support, anot now im about to panick. My bf just got laid off after being at his job for 4 years. I work for Simon malls, Please give me more hours. Im 4 months pregnant, I dont want or need to stress anymore than i have to. a this point im really wanting to move home with my mom till we can get on our feet there in NH. I want out of FLA i feel its holding me back from anything~!!

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 1:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• sorry to hear... don't give up!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 1:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Move wherever you can get on your feet. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Go wherever you feel you"ll do your best.
    I know how hard it is to have to move back home but some times we have to swallow our pride and do what's best for our child/ren.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• :) yes i agree. just feel bad my mother has yet to have an "empty home" since I moved to Fla, my 18 yr old brother moved out, my 19yr old brother just became a Marine, and me sister is living with my mom with her bf and new 9month old baby. my bf and I talked to my mom and we can move up there once my sister moves out but we are stuck cause i dont want to leave my son here, but i have no choice he lives with his daddy, and money is just not there, but i have a strong feeling we will be better off being in NH with my mother
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You do what you have to do to survive.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• after losing my job working for of all people my fiances step mother over a year ago who by the way owns several businesses I said forget working for someone else and started my own small business :) (PS they didnt have a lefit reason for letting me go so i was granted unemployment payments then they had to pay me a pretty large check this year for under paying me when i worked for her and i must say karma is one bad bitch because now the store I was working for her at is doing really really bad it used to be open 7 days a week but now its only open barely 3 days and her major money maker the gas she cant sell her tanks messed up)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They claim the recession ended last year in july or something? I say thats crap! my prayers are with you and your family.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I was teaching prek here in fl until less than a week before the school year began. I was let go due to changes in the training requirements. And, since I was working at a church, they are not required to pay unemployment! We moved here two years ago and have both been laid off several times due to lack of work or now this. I have had it here myself, and that dern oil spill didn't help the work situation at all. Though we all love it here, can't beat this weather and lazy days at the beach, I am now looking into moving back to NC for better options for work. It's a tough decision, but we've had to do this before and I know it'll all work out. Have faith and keep moving on mama, it'll work out!
    indigogirls

Answer by indigogirls at 5:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Have you filed for unemployment compensation?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• That is horrible to hear happen! I was currently stuck in a similar situation and got out by starting my own home business. It requires a lot of persistence and dedication. And patience but it really worked for us. I am making a good income and I only work about 20 hours a week. As time goes by though I will work less! I didn't have to pay ridiculous start up cost either. I changed where I shopped is all! Not trying to sell this to you. Just wanted to let you know there are options out there and I hope you find yours! Good luck!

Latrisha
    www.internetceomoms.com/Latrisha
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2010