Regular or healthy cake for baby's first birthday?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 1:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Regular :) As long as they eat well most of the time, a little indulgence isn't going to hurt them!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• regular. they dont eat much anyways..and besides..its their birthday!!!!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yeah I would have to agree with regular, the really don't eat that much, I think on both of my kids first bdays they wore more of the cake than they actually ate - lol! Enjoy the first bday its so much fun!!
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We went with organic for my sons 1st bday on sept 30th. It was REALLY yummy... I just bought all organic sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, milk, baking powder, cream cheese and flour.

I made my own icing from natural dyes (green) and the powdered sugar and the cream chese, delish... then mixed the flour, sugar, eggs milk an baking powder for the batter- and then added some cinnomin- it was sooo good, like a cinnomin muffin but in cake form with icing... so it was desert like, looked like a cake and tasted amazing but was much better for you than some mix from the store.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 1:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Is organic what you meant when you said healthy?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I did the healthy recipe for my DS's 1st birthday it was quite good but boy what a mess
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I always go to stores like albertsons where they will give you a free 8 inch round smash cake with the purchase of a sheet cake for the 1st birthday I sit them on the newspaper covered floor in a diaper and put the smash cake in front f them and watch them get messy and enjoy themselves lol
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• no not necessarily organic just more nutritious I guess
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Regular. Most of the cake is going to end up being washed down the drain, anyway.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We just did a regular cake. I'm pretty sure he wore more than he ate anyway.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2010