is it too ealry?

my son is almost 11 months old and im trying to get him off the bottle, he doesnt seem to mind it and here latly i have felt bad about doing it and at night i will give in and give him a bottle to go to sleep. it is too early?

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's completely up to you. If he does fine with a sippy cup then don't feel bad. There are some children who never take a bottle...go right from the breast to a cup. Others only have a bottle at bed and a cup for the rest of the day. It's your choice. Mine were off the bottle by age 1.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Not at all... In fact many motehrs would commend you making such an early and smooth transition. I could'nt get my girls away from abottle until their second birthday. Kudos to you for getting through this stage!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My oldest was off the bottle by 1. I started to take my youngest off at 1 and was going through the same thing you are. She was off by like 16 months. I know its hard not to give them what they want but once you start don't go back. It'll make it harder.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 3:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• You're doing fine, Mama, and it sounds like your baby is as well! See if you can get him used to going to sleep another way, ie rocking him to sleep, reading him a story, singing him a song.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• No way! Try a Nuby sippy, they have a soft spout like a nipple so it makes the transition way easier. We just switched to a hard nipple (almost 17 months) because my son was biting holes in the spouts.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 4:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• nope I took my son off of formula and the bottle at 11 months! He used the bottle only at bed time until 12 months!
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i dont think its too early as long as he can eat enough real food to get the proper nutrients! I'm in the process of doing the same with my son..he is 10 1/2 months old:)! It's hard and i feel bad all the time but you just gotta remember that its what is best for your baby!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 4:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I had my son off the bottle between 10-11 months, why would you feel bad about that?
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2008