My 4 year old hits herself when angry... What to do?

My four year old daughter has really bad anger problems. For the past year it has been growing extremely bad. It progressed from just yelling and screaming to hitting herself, and trying to hurt herself psychically. Now she has progressed to starting to say that she wants to kill herself and die whenever she is angry. I’ve never encountered this as a parent and it really worries me. I don’t want it to be something that she carries for her whole life. I don’t know if it’s something I need to take to a counselor so we can discuss her feelings, or if there is a way to get through this at home. Has anyone else been through this, and how did you work through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_my-toddler-hits-and-bites-himself-what-should-i-do_14506.bc

youll have to copy paste it but thats a valid answer
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 2:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2010