BABY SHOWER GAMES

Im having a baby shower what are some games we can play?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in

• It's not a game, but something I think is really special! Buy a bunch of birthday cards - baby, child, teen, young adult. Buy 18 or 36 - enough that every guest will get one card. Write a number (1-18) on the envelopes. After passing them out, have the guests look at their envelope. The number on it is the age the baby will be when they receive the birthday card. Have them write a message to the child on the inside and sign the card. Collect all the cards and give top the new mommy to give to her child in the upcoming years!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You could always do door prizes. Set a timer when you are opening gifts. When it goes off, whoever gifts you are opening gets a prize.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Omg my mom did one at my shower, it was so funny. She didn't tell anyone though so it was a surprise. Basically when my husband and I opened gifts she wrote down EVERYTHING we said. Then after wards she said something like "ok guys, this is what was said while Claire was being conceived!' She then read off things from the list she had written down (It's so little!! How does it work? I love the color! etc) Everyone laughed so hard. But it is better if the mom and dad don't know so they are candid with what they say
    chillybreeze

Answer by chillybreeze at 2:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• One I went to made scrap book pages for the new baby. Then all the mother had to do was put pics in as the little guy grew.

You could do the "clothes pin" game. Everyone has a clothes pin on their clothes and if someone says baby, the first person to notice gets to take their clothes pin. The person with the most clothes pins at the end wins.

Just make sure you don't overdo the games. I went to one baby shower that was NOTHING BUT GAMES. It was the most annoying event I have ever been to. I left early because I was bored to tears and thought it was LAME.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• at mine everyone put a paper plate on their head and drew what my baby would look like and I had to pick my fav...it was cute...i stilll have them to show him 1 day
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 2:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If you're having a group of run friends and family, you can make diapers from toilet paper. Break into small groups of say 3 or 4 people and 1 person be the "baby" and the others make a diaper from a roll of tp.

We also did name baby animals....as in the adult animal is listed and you write what the baby's are called.

Get string and each guest estimate how around you are with a piece of string. Closest measurement wins.

You only need a couple or a few games. Otherwise, it's overboard. Because after presents, eating and visiting, it's annoying. You could be more Interactive and have each guest write a note to you or baby in a journal....this can be done through out the party. It's not a game so much, but will mean something later.

We also do this, on invites write "In lieu of a card please buy a baby/children's book with a message inscribed on the inside cover" This helps mommy start making a library for her new family.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• cant say baby the hole time
    everyone has a necklace or something an if someone catches someone else saying baby they loose an take there neckalace the one with all them at the end wins
    mayg88

Answer by mayg88 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Get pictures of celebrities and their babies from magazines. You then put up the pictures of the celebrities and guests have to match the baby pictures with the correct parent.
    McNeelyFive

Answer by McNeelyFive at 1:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• uuuuuugh, sorry,,,everyone hates baby shower games!!! why put the guests thru that!! LOL sorry, not trying to be rude..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2010