Do you know why?

Have you ever hated someone? well maybe not hated, but just couldn't stand someone and they didn't necessarily do something bad to you, there was just A LOT of little things that annoyed the crap out of you? Well was there ever an underlying reason you really disliked them?...I'm trying to figure out why I CANNOT stand this person? I mean yea they do annoying stuff, but I know a lot of people that do...why does this person get UNDER my skin so much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Idk, but I know how you feel.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Does this person have something that you want? Does someone in your life (bf/dh/so maybe) mention or talk about this person a lot? I don't know... there are a couple of people that I really dislike, but there are clear reasons as to why. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i think i know what you mean, i mean, i WANT to like them, but they make it hard to do that!! and yes i hate my hubby's sis for everything she has done to me, maybe they just arent good with certain people in general or maybe they dont know how to quit...annoying people dont know how to quit!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think maybe one reason is is that the two of u have nothing in common or maybe u two havent really taken the time to really get to know eachother...Nobody ever said that u have to like everyone...some people just plain dont like eachother..And there has never really been a reason stated (that I know of) for that...
    ashdenney

Answer by ashdenney at 3:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• wow, all of you said something true about this person and I...I HAVE to see this person quite often (they are extended family) so I have no choice...and I have tried to hang out with them be social...but everytime I invite them somewhere I come home REGRETING it because it was sooo blah and a waste of time! ugh what an awful situation...
    Anonymous

• LOL sometimes I feel like saying Why are you so damn annoying? lol...I wouldn't ever do that...I think this is so weird to me because I've never known someone so hard to like ya know??
    Anonymous

• I think there are 2 main reasons we dislike someone: #1 because of the way they make us feel...like negativity, etc. #2 because they have traits that we dislike in our selves...we see ourselves in them and recognize our own faults.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Company Goddess hit the nail on the head. Yes, there is a woman by my son's school I can't stand. Cuz she reminds me of the way I was back in the day with a small kid like a helicopter mom yapping away so nervous about everything. The hair, the actions the same .
    Anonymous

• Yep, my supervisor makes me want to smash his face with a base ballbat.....Hes a nice guy never done anything to me but he just irritates the crap outta me for no reason. I just dont talk to him unless I absolutley have to and when I start getting annoyed I walk away and breath. Sometimes people just irritate people....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008