Am I over reacting?

My SO and I have been together since April I tragically lost my almost 2yo ds in May. So chose to spend what would have been my DS' 2nd birthday with his friend (it was the friends bday too). My bday was in September and we didn't celebrate in any way. Tomorrow is SO's bday and he wants to go out with the guys to play poker (I just borrowed money today from a relative). While he is out playing poker I would be home with his 3 kids which I always have cause he works 2nd shift. I had plans for SO and he knew of them and he's like can't we do them another day? These plans were for his bday. Am I over reacting? His bday also happens to be the day I miscarried twins on and yes he knows this too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• If he has no consideration or respect for you now what do you think it will be later down the line? I would never tell you to walk because only you can make that decision but if those children are not yours I would let him feel what it is like to not be able to go with his friends due to having no choice but to be home with them. You need to take a mini vacation. Go visit a relative or friend for a few days and give him a reality check. If you decide to see if things change after and they don't then you have to make up your mind what is best for you and your happiness. GL
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You have a door, right... It's time for your to stand up and walk out that door. You have no obligations to him.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Oh momma I am so sorry, (((HUGS))) You need to hear some tough love this man sounds like a clod pleas sit down and ask yourself what he expects from you and what you expect from this relationship. I would start to take care of myself and if he knew you had plans and does not care make some plans for yourself. Go out and take his kids out to a nice meal or go out and buy a nice dinner no need to waste the day if he is not going to be there. After decide if he is the person you see yourself with in five years and if so its time to talk now. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No I don't think you are. I would have walked out on him a long time ago. It looks to me like you are just the babysitter and not someone he really cares for.

I'm sorry and I hope things work out for you.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It doesn't sound like he is being considerate of you or your feelings, he seems to be pretty selfish. It's time to set him down and ask him where he sees this relationship going, and if he is really committed to having a life with you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Is this fiction?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ditto M-Avi.
    You need to pack your things and walk out that door. Seriously, he is nothing to you.
    That man could care less about you and you have no obligation, and shouldn't feel any, to be with someone like that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• so...much..wrong..here...can't...process...it...ergh
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your husband is being self-centered and insensitive...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• All this in 6 months? That's a bit quick. Get rid of him
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2010