Why are you married?

Honestly?

Are you married because you love your spouse or is it for your family/children?

I am starting to think that the only reason I am married is for my children, and I don't know if it's actually benefiting my children to only be together for that reason anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I am married to my husband because I love him, I can't imagine myself without him. I was married before, and I realized I was just staying for the children - I divorced, and I've (and my kids!!) been much happier because of it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Cuz i love him, He my best friend i coldnt ask for anything more.
    santiago27

Answer by santiago27 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am not married because we would only be married for my 17 year old he will be at home for one more year and I will be moving in with my friend. After I will be moving onto Japan for work.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I absolutely love my husband. I'd be married to him even if we didn't have kids.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I feel the same way as Scuba, I'm on my 2nd and final marriage, my first I stayed for my son and I was miserable and I finally realized my son deserved a mom and dad who were happy, rather than miserable together, not to mention I deserved to be happy. I'm so glad I finally left, and today I couldn't be more happier with my husband and my marriage
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I am married because I am in love with my husband and I know my children will benefit from having an intact family.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Love

That's it.

Through 25 years of good, bad, downright ugly, and the downright fabulous.. It has been LOVE and love alone that has kept us together.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Because my husband is awesome and I love him and can't imagine life without him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Because I am a better person because he is in my life. I love him and the family we created and could not image anything else
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I married for love.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2010