Broken Crayons

I sat down to color with my little ones and all they have are the smallest fragment of crayons and I hate that. Does this drive anyone else nuts!!

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 2:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hate that too! We have a "crayon maker" from Crayola, you put all the bits of crayon into it and it makes a new crayon out of all the colors. It's pretty cool!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No because then you get to make new crayons. It's easy as pie. Get some cup cake wrappers and just fill them about half full with the broken crayons. Put them in the cupcake baking dishes too, of course. Ten bake them at 350 until they are all melted....doesn't take too long. Then let them cool. Peel the cupcake papers off when cool and there you go, new multi colored crayons.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No, but you could use the pieces to make a new crayon. (I've always wanted to do it, but never have.) There's gotta be directions out there somewhere or maybe someone in the crafts area would know.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 2:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes! We started buying Crayola twistable crayons. They do cost more, but last way longer. They probably wouldn't be good for kids who can't figure out to only twist them up a little. If you twist to far they will break. Kind of like chapstick.
    my2kidsma

Answer by my2kidsma at 2:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No they don't bother me I just put them in and muffin tins new crayons
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My GOSH yes. I'm an artist so there's that picky factor, and I'm also a big kid so I LOVE my crayons... They're cheap, I'd just go get more! DD keeps getting crayons from all the grandparents so we have 2 Huggies wipes containers full of (almost) perfect crayons. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have the Crayola crayon maker too, so little stubbies aren't a problem.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2010