How do you explain things to people.. when they think you should just be over it.. adult content

Starting off here. I am expecting a baby due 2/28/11. My husband ran off 10/1/10 and took all the money. I have no income now except social services. I already have a almost 8 year old son.. I never intended to have another however life decided I needed another one. Due to Polycystic overian syndrome.. This was a fluke.. But now I am dealing with depression, hormones and the loss of my spouse.. and the idea of living with my father again.. at 31. My father thinks I should just move on.. I agree I am done with hubby.. I am also getting fixed during the c-section. I am currently unable to have anti-depressants and due to my diabetes and other health issues am on almost complete bed rest.. which I constantly get thrown in my face that I lay arround and do nothing which is not the case. I get up care for my son.. I just am not able to do alot of heavy duty cleaning etc. HOW DO I MAKE PEOPLE SEE I AM JUST STRUGGLING TO COPE! HELP??

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes people just don't understand especially if they have never gone through what you have been through. You are dealing with a lot right now and looks like you have a bunch of insensitive people around you. Just focus on you and your children, YOU know your own situation better than anyone else. Don't try to make anyone understand what your going through because they never will. Just tell them that you are doing the best that you can right now and that you would appreciate it if they just let you deal with things the way you want to. GL and Hugs.
    Queen2245

Answer by Queen2245 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Who put you on bed rest? Why? Usually activity and light exercise helps depression and is important in controlling diabetes. Did your Dr. tell you to stay in bed or is it just easier? I know depression very well and I know that getting your life and your children's lives in order is not going to happen with you in bed. Only stary there if the Dr. told you to. Other wise get up and get busy. Do not do heavy physical work. Cleaning and cooking and laundry is something you can do to get your mind off your problems and put you on your way to taking responsibility for your family.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You can't change people's perception. Not matter what you do or say they will think what they want to think. Right now the main focus is you and your children. Since you are on bed rest this is a good time to begin making a game plan for your future. Take your time and figure out what you want and how you intend to go about it once you are able. Look into paid training programs and/or certificate or degree programs that will be flexible to your needs. Do your research now this will keep you busy enough not to even worry about what anyone says or thinks. Know that it is not going to be easy but also that you are strong and you can make it happen. Block out the negativity of others because no matter what you do there will always be negative feedback from somewhere. Good luck and be blessed
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2010