should i end our friendship???? adult content

i've known this girl for 17 yrs we used to be best friends but that has faded away, she only calls me to bitch about her life or ask me to watch her kid that she pawns off every chance she gets in the last 5 yrs ,since her baby dad has left her she hasn't had her kid for a weekend, sends her to after school programs to get rid of her, sends her away for all holidays she only see her kid in the morning before school and for an hour or two before bed,but has the nerve to say she needs a break, i've been a parent for 13yrs and in those 13yrs i can count on both my hands how many times i was without my kids.well anyways i told her i couldn't and she told me well i have to let u go and call my brother to see if he'll take her, as a mother i couldn't imagine not seeing my kids , but she always looks to get rid of hers to hang out w/ her boyfriend of the moment and to smoke weed and she has the nerve to say she's a good mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You are probably tired of her and if I were you I would ask her what does she think her kid thinks about her. I have a friend and my ex who's parents left them everywhere so they could run around with the bf of the hour and they both say it sucks. Ask her what she thinks the kid is going to do when she grows up? I would think about and after I would have a long conversation if she did not man up I would let her go.GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• The only reason I'd say not to end the friendship would be so that you can be a positive influence in her child's life. (Even though it's not your responsibility.) I couldn't walk away knowing that the child isn't being care for.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yes it is never a good idea to be friends with a mommy druggie
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 3:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would end the friendship, friendships are suppose to benefit both people and it seems that that relationship does nothing positive for you. If her daughter isn't being cared for or is in any kind of danger then that is what Child Protective Services is there for. Besides what kind of message does it send to your own children when you are friends with this kind of person and in a sense enable this kind of behavior?
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• she never use to smoke until she broke up with her babies daddy, i don't hang out with her but occasionally she'll stop by but always has something ignorant to say to one of my kids and I'm tired of it i just feel bad I'm here daughters godmother and our daughters love spending time together and we enjoy having her daughter over and spending time with her i just don't like being used and taken advantage of, this is only like the 2nd time in 10 yrs that i said no
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• that's why i told her no, because i feel she needs to spend time with her daughter
    angie3897

Answer by angie3897 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You shouldn't end the friendship, but put it on hold. First, and foremost, you should encourage her to change her lifestyle. Talk to her about how much fun you have/had with your own child/ren. Bring up good, past experiences, if none recent. Let her know how much fun she's missing out on with her own daughter. Second, I would never participate in watching her child, as i'm sure you don't, becuase that's only encouraging her behavior. Third, If you ever think she does anything illegal, you should step up and call the police, or even child protective services. It will probably hurt the relationship, but you would be saving a child's life(style)! She doesn't seem like a very good friend for you, but you, seem like a great friend for her.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2010