Dang kid! Get a grip already!

My talk active, strong willed 2 yrs, will be 3 next month is having a fit AGAIN!
Why? cause she wants spaghetti and she wants it right now. Never mind that I can't go out to get it right now or that she has allergies and I have to make the sauce from scratch and get wheat-free pasta from public.

I had plenty of other foods. I oftered her a snack. Nope, she'd rather have a fit. And I really am disliking these fits...they go on literally for hours.

So, I get to sit here and listen to her and wonder if I'm the only one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I too go through this numerous times a day with my 2 yr old. He wants what he wants, when he wants it....I also say Dude, get a grip....knowing all too well they aren't capable of even understanding they have to wait. or can't have it for whatever reason.
    ARGH is what I say. Nope you are not alone.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• They understand much more than you think! IF they always get what they want because you cave due to the fit throwing then the problem will just continue. It's hard and terribly frustrating, but time out is not painful. Make sure you are telling them what they are doing wrong and stick them in time out until they are ready to be good. After a while they will understand that they have to either be good or it's time out! I wouldn't suggest this for any child under the age of 2 though.
    Stressed0ut

Answer by Stressed0ut at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I feel your pain! My 2 year old does this as well. I let her cry her little tantrums out. She drives me crazy in the process, but I have to show her whose boss! I, also, recommend time out. You will probably have to keep putting her back in the time out spot time, after time, after time, but it will be well worth it in the end, after she figures out that that's the spot for naughty children who misbehave!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2010